This parsley and pomegranate rice salad is a great dish for those who want to start experimenting with different flavours but are not ready for big changes just yet. And, it’s very easy to prepare.
It was inspired by one of my favourite salads: tabbouleh. But with enough changes to make it a completely different salad that is refreshing and filling, and makes a great summer lunch. You can use leftover rice, or any other grain you might have on hand.
Parsley and pomegranate rice salad
Fresh and juicy salad with some daring flavours, perfect for warm summery days.
- 2 large handfuls of chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup of cooked rice
- 1 large handful of chopped parsley (stalks included)
- 1 handful of finely chopped celery (leaves included)
- 1 large chopped tomato
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of harissa spice mix
- Mix all the dressing ingredients and set aside until ready to serve.
- Mix all the salad ingredients except for the pomegranate seeds. Chill until ready to serve.
- When serving mix salad and dressing, and top with the pomegranate seeds.