I love peanut butter cookies. And I love double chocolate cookies. What could be better than combining the two? Combining them and adding some oats too!
And you can have them without feeling too bad because they’re low on sugar, oil-free, and of course, vegan. If you’re allergic to peanuts, you can replace the peanut butter with any other nut or seed butter.
Peanut butter double chocolate cookies
Rich, flavourful and quick-to-make cookies for those days when you feel like treating yourself but still be somewhat healthy.
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup soya milk
- 1 cup of plain flour (all-purpose)
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Pre-heat the oven at 150C/300F.
- Mix flaxseed and milk, and set aside for at least 10 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken (it becomes flax-egg).
- In a large bowl mix the flour, the oats, the cocoa powder, the bicarbonate of soda, the salt and the chocolate chips.
- When the flax-egg is ready (there will be some milk on top), whisk the sugar and peanut butter until well combined.
- Add the flour mix and combine. It will be a thick but wet and sticky dough.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet. You don’t need to leave much space between the cookies as they won’t spread. Mix will make 10 1/4 of a cup cookies.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and allow to cool completely before eating.