There are two things people usually miss (or thing they will miss) when they go vegan: cheese and eggs.
This beetroot and tofu salad was created one day that I was craving the classic beetroot and egg salad that so many of us grew up eating. I added a few more ‘grown-up’ ingredients, and ended up with an easy grab-and-go salad that is anything but bland.
Beetroot and tofu salad
Mildly spicy earthy salad that can be made in one bowl and is perfect for taking to work or school.
- 2 large handfuls of chopped lettuce
- 6 medium cooked and chopped beetroots (plain, not in vinegar)
- 1 small block of smoked tofu in cubes or shredded
- 1 cup of peas (fresh, frozen or canned as preferred)
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- a small handful of chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Mix all the ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
This post is part of the Filling Summer Salad series, next post strawberry fennel salad (coming Monday 2nd).