This strawberry fennel salad is lighter than the others in the series as it doesn’t have any grains or beans, but the fennel will fill you up without too many calories. It is a good option for those who are watching their weight, or simply want something less heavy.
If fresh strawberries are hard to come by or too expensive, you can use frozen ones without problems. Just make sure you cut them while still frozen (don’t worry, it’s quite easy).
Strawberry fennel salad
Fresh crunchy salad with some unexpected sweetness and a lovely balsamic and rosemary dressing.
- 2 large handfuls of pea shoots (or lamb’s lettuce if you can’t find them)
- 1 large fennel finely sliced or chopped
- 8 to 10 large strawberries chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of dry rosemary
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Mix all the dressing ingredients.
- Mix the main ingredients. Dress right before serving, or the leaves will wilt and the strawberries fo mushy.